To keep your wood floors looking and performing well for generations, the National Wood Floor Association recommends the following:
- Use throw rugs inside doorways to prevent debris from being tracked in and scratching your wood floor.
- Never use vinyl or tile cleaning products on a wood floor.
- Never wet-mop or steam mop a wood floor. Water and steam can dull the finish and can even damage the wood.
- Wipe up spills immediately with a slightly dampened cloth.
- Put stick-on felt protectors under the legs of furniture.
- To prevent scuffing and scratching.
- Avoid walking on wood floors with sports cleats or high heels.
- When moving heavy furniture, don’t slide it across wood floors.
- Use a humidifier throughout the winter months to minimize gaps.
Routine maintenance of wood floors is simple and easy… just sweep periodically with a soft bristle broom or dust the floor with a dry microfiber mop to keep the floor clean.