Visiting an open house is a great way to see what a property has to offer. Here are some tips on open house etiquette for buyers.
- When you enter, most open houses have a sign-in sheet asking for your name, address and phone number.
- If you’re already working with another agent, be sure to mention that to the hosting agent… and if you are just a curious neighbor, let the agent know that as well.
- Don’t take toddlers or pre-schoolers along. If you have to bring them, keep them close at hand.
- Be polite to the hosting agent and avoid monopolizing their time if multiple buyers are touring the home – and avoid saying anything negative about the property in the presence of other buyers.
- If you’d like to take any photos or videos of the home, be sure to ask permission first.
- Most importantly, as you tour the property, be respectful of the homeowner. Keep in mind… you’re in their home.
Following these common sense tips will ensure you have a pleasant house hunting experience.